OK, guys, it’s here! It’s time for our master bedroom refresh REVEAL!!
But first, a recap. Check out this post where I explained why I wanted to update the room despite just “finishing” it last year, shortly after we moved in. Basically, the room didn’t feel new because, despite being a new house and a new room, most of the furniture and even the paint color was all the same as our previous master bedroom. Since we have a laundry list of projects to do in the house, I wouldn’t be able to invest a ton of money into our master bedroom refresh so I’d have to get creative. I repurposed a lot of what we had, painted, changed the layout, mixed in a few new pieces and accessories and the end result is a completely different look and feel in the room! Here’s the mood board I was working with:
Master Bedroom Refresh Reveal
And for funsies, here’s a little master bedroom refresh reveal before and after.
Master Bedroom Refresh: What We Did
Here are the details on what we did in this master bedroom refresh reveal, and some great ways for you to freshen up a room without breaking the bank.
- Break out the paint brushes. We changed the wall color, painting it a creamy white. We also repurposed our vintage night stands by painting them black and updating the hardware.
- Reconfigure the layout. As you can see, we completely changed the layout of the space by moving the bed to a different wall and moving the woven chairs to the wall where the headboard used to be. We added a media stand in the room and mounted the tv above, directly across from the bed.
- Give the bed some TLC. We love our bed and it’s not that old at all, but I was over the gray-blue upholstery so I had it reupholstered in a khaki colored linen and I love it! While it was an investment, it was a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new bed. We also replaced the bedding and added new mudcloth throw pillows and a throw blanket we got from Peru.
- Change the rug. A rug takes up a lot of visual space in a room so replacing it is a great way to change the look of the space…and that’s just what I did. I got our new rug on super sale.
- Change up the accessories. It’s all in the details! Accessories go a long way and are the easiest things to change up. We added new throw pillows, two new planters, changed up the nightstand styling and brought in some of our art.
- Sliding barn doors. I don’t really count the barn doors as part of the refresh since they were always part of the plan for the room. I was searching for an awesome set of vintage doors to replace the ugly old metal accordion doors we tore out when we first moved in. However, I didn’t find any that I loved and in the budget so I ended up having these custom made and I’m happy with them.
Master Bedroom Refresh: Get the Look
1. Lamp -no longer available but I’m loving this one and this one / 2. Nightstands – vintage / 3. Bed / 4. Mudcloth pillows / 5. Bed upholstery fabric / 6. Fan / 7. Wall color Sherwin Williams Creamy / 8. Semi-Flush Mount Fixture / 9. Nightstand hardware / 10. Bench / 11. Bedding / 12. Macrame wall hanging / 13. Rug – no longer available / 14. Terracotta planter / 15. Turned wood leg Planter / 16. Woven Malawi chairs / 17.Round accent table / 18. Mudcloth pillow / 19. Vintage baskets / 20. Media console
There ya have it! What do you think of the master bedroom refersh reveal? Do you like this vibe better? I’m so in love with it and hubby likes it better too. It feels more “us” and I think it jives with the rest of the home better than before. Tell me what you think!
Huge, huge thank you to Roohi Photography for capturing the space for me!