Hey there, friends! Thanks for dropping by! I’m Becky, design enthusiast documenting the renovation of our farmhouse and sharing lifestyle stories along the way. Here’s a little about me and how my blog came to be!
Daly Digs is named after our fixer-upper forever house. The house has great bones but was rundown and outdated when we purchased it. I have been interested in design since I was a little girl sketching my bedroom floor plan, so the decor-obsessed in me thought I’d seize the opportunity and start a blog to document the process of fixing up and styling our home. Plus, who doesn’t love a good before and after?
I have a background in wedding styling and my work has been featured in various wedding publications. That is where my love for a good tablescape comes from and where my love for styling began to shine. My portfolio can be seen here.
In a nutshell, Daly Digs the blog is a creative outlet, a mixture of renovations and home projects, decor and interior styling, as well as client design work. Entertaining and lifestyle stories will creep in too including tabletop inspiration, gardening, and the occasional recipe and travel story.
As if you need more, here’s a list of random facts about me.
- I walk fast. Like super fast for someone who is 5’2″. I don’t know why but it’s probably from my time in the Army where I learned to “walk with a purpose.”
- I hate slow drivers, most especially when they’re in the fast lane. Also, I’m not a great driver.
- I love wine. Pinot Noir or Sauvignon blanc are my faves.
- I love scarves, it’s the accessory I have the most of.
- I married my high school sweetheart. But it took for. like. ever. We were both 30 by the time he realized he didn’t want to listen to me complain about not being married any longer.
- Despite my early love for design, I took a completely different career path that involved a career in the federal government where I worked for 10 years. Let’s just say I’m glad that part of my journey has come to an end.
- I love dogs and am one of those obsessive dog moms. We have two fur babies that keep us on our toes and will undoubtedly make an appearance on the blog from time to time. They’ve introduced themselves to you guys here. (Oh yes I did!)
- We have four pet chickens and I love them! They bring me so much joy and have quite the personality.
- I am a sucker for reality tv. #dontjudgeme
- I love lists. Sometimes I add things to the list I’ve already done just for the pure joy of marking it done.
- I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane about 20 times (including static line in the Army). I was training to get my skydiving license when I had a super scary experience and I’m happy to report I haven’t had a parachute on since. 🙂
- I believe travel is good for the soul. Travel inspires me and it’s a true love of mine. I’ve been lucky to do a bit of traveling. Some of my favorite travel experiences include seeing the glaciers in Argentina, hiking part of the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, riding camels in the Arabian desert and my all time favorite, getting engaged on a mountain in Bali.
So there ya have it, folks. That’s a little about me – the gal behind the blog, obsessing over rugs and pillows and finding unique flatware for my next tabletop story. I’m always on the hunt for inspiration and am excited about this venture and ready to share the good, bad, ugly (and pretty too!) as we fix up the Daly Digs and hopefully inspire you to live a styled life.