Gift Ideas for the Hostess
I didn’t plan to do any gift guides since they’re alllll over the place, but when I did a poll on Instagram, most of you voted in favor of them. However, I’m not going crazy and I decided to limit it to three gift guides, centered around my primary blog topics: one for the hostess, one for the home lover and my own Christmas wish list. Today we’re jumping in with holiday gift ideas for the hostess.
Entertaining is one of my favorite things! I love decorating for a party, a good tablescape and anything that can make entertaining prettier and easier.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of my links, I may receive a small commission for the referral at no additional cost to you.
Gift Ideas for the Hostess
1. French cutting board – A vintage French cutting board is the best of all the gift ideas for the hostess. They are typically large, making them perfect for displaying a cheese and meat tray. While you can buy them new, I recommend a vintage one so it’s extra special.
2. Dipping Oil Gift Set – I’m not typically crazy about gift sets because they often have a lot of stuff that you don’t end up using, but something like this is great. Simple, useful and perfect for pairing with bread.
3. Gold Place Card Holder – These place card holders are modern and simple and can go with just about any tablescape schematic. I personally own them and use them often.
4. Jumbo Ice Cube Tray – We have these and love them. They melt slower, keeping your cocktail cold without watering it down. They also look cool and can be infused with fruit or herbs.
5. Copper Fondue Set – How gorgeous is this copper fondue set?
6. Leather Napkin Rings – When hosting guests for a sit-down meal or dinner party I always recommend using linen napkins. I’ve had these leather napkin rings saved on my Etsy favorites for quite some time. They’re unique, textural, made from recycled leather and come in three color options.
7. Vintage Decanter – Glass decanters take any liquor collection to the next level. You can find these at many stores, but once again, I love the idea of giving a vintage one for a gift.
8. Dips & Spreads Cookbook – This book has 45 recipes strictly limited to dips and spreads, which is perfect for a hostess.
9. Graze Small Plates Cookbook – I stood in World Market looking at this book for so long I’m surprised they didn’t make me buy it. It’s filled with unique and fun ideas for tapas-style appetizers and small plate meals perfect for entertaining.
10. Woven Acrylic Barware Collection – A great tip for entertaining is to fill a pitcher with ice water and leave out for your guests along with water glasses. They can help themselves and you don’t have to worry about filling everyone’s glass, just one or two pitchers. This woven pitcher and glassware set is pretty and functional.
What do you guys think of these gift ideas for the hostess? Let me know if you end up purchasing any of them!
Featured Image via The Everygirl.
#2 would be my pick!
I’m not surprised by that one!