Hey there, friends! Thanks for dropping by! I’m Becky, a design enthusiast documenting the renovation of our farmhouse and sharing lifestyle stories along the way. Here’s a little about me and how my blog came to be!
Daly Digs is named after our fixer-upper forever house. The house has great bones but was rundown and outdated when we purchased it. I have been interested in design since I was a little girl sketching my bedroom floor plan, so the decor-obsessed in me thought I’d seize the opportunity and start a blog to document the process of fixing up and styling our home. Plus, who doesn’t love a good before and after?
I have a background in wedding styling and my work has been featured in various wedding publications. My portfolio can be seen here.
Daly Digs the blog is a creative outlet, a mixture of renovations, DIY projects, decor and styling, as well as client design work and lifestyle stories.
Here’s a list of random facts about me.
- I love wine.
- I married my high school sweetheart.
- Despite my early love for design, I took a completely different career path that involved a career in the federal government where I worked for 10 years.
- I walk fast. Like super fast for someone who is 5’2″. I don’t know why but it’s probably from my time in the Army where I learned to “walk with a purpose.”
- I hate slow drivers, most especially when they’re in the fast lane.
- I love dogs and am one of those obsessive dog moms. We have two fur babies that keep us on our toes and will undoubtedly make an appearance on the blog from time to time. They’ve introduced themselves to you guys here.
- We have chickens and I love them! They bring me so much joy and have quite the personality.
- I love lists. Sometimes I add things to the list I’ve already done just for the pure joy of marking it done.
- I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane about 20 times (including static line in the Army). I was training to get my skydiving license when I had a super scary experience and I haven’t had a parachute on since.
- Travel is a true love of mine. Some of my favorite travel experiences include seeing the glaciers in Argentina, hiking part of the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, riding camels in the Arabian desert and my all time favorite, getting engaged on a mountain in Bali.