Hey there, friends! Thanks for dropping by! I’m Becky, a decor-obsessed, serial tablescaper, vintage connoisseur and styling stuff is my jam. Here’s a little about me and how this little blawgy blog came to be!
Daly Digs is named after the fixer-upper forever house my hubby and I just purchased. The house has great bones but is a little…ahem…a lot outdated. I have been into interior design since I was a little girl sketching my bedroom floor plan, so the decor-obsessed in me thought I’d seize the opportunity and start a blog to document the process of fixin’ up and styling our home. Plus, who doesn’t love a good before and after?
My style is eclectic, emphasizing vintage and global elements with boho sprinkles. It makes sense in my head. I believe in mixing styles and have little concern for rules. This could all be a hot mess. 🙂
I have a background in wedding styling and my work has been featured on various wedding blogs including 100 Layer Cake, Ruffled, Style Me Pretty, Offbeat Bride, among others. That is where my love for a good tablescape comes from. I recently closed my event vintage rental shop to focus on my true passion that was born out of that business, and that is styling. Prop and product styling to be exact, but from tablescapes to interiors, I am a sucker for a good vignette. My portfolio can be seen here and you can learn more about my prop styling services here.
So, folks, Daly Digs the blog is a creative outlet, a mixture of home projects, decor and interior styling as it relates to the #dalydigs, entertaining inspiration as well as a place for my prop and product styling work to live. The occasional receipe, fun cocktails and tidbits about travel and our fur babies will probably creep in too.
As if you need more, here’s a list of random facts about me.
- I walk fast. Like super fast for someone who is 5’2″. I don’t know why but it’s probably from my time in the Army where I learned to “walk with a purpose.”
- I hate slow drivers. Even more, I hate slow drivers in the fast lane.
- I love wine. Pinot Noir or Sauvignon blanc are my faves.
- I love scarves, it’s the accessory I have the most of.
- I married my high school sweetheart. But it took for. like. ever. We were both 30 by the time he realized he didn’t want to listen to me complain about not being married any longer.
- Despite my early love for design, I took a completely different career path that involved going to college for International Studies and pursuing a career in the federal government where I worked for 10 years. Let’s just say I’m glad that part of my journey has come to an end.
- I love dogs and am one of those obsessive dog moms. We have two fur babies that keep us on our toes and will undoubtedly make an appearance on the blog from time to time. They’ve introduced themselves to you guys here. (Oh yes I did!)
- I seriously want two mini pet goats. And some chickens. Now that we have room for them it’s just a matter of time.
- I am a sucker for reality tv. #dontjudgeme
- I love lists. Sometimes I add things to the list I’ve already done just for the pure joy of marking it done.
- I have jumped out of a perfectly good airplane about 20 times (including static line in the Army). I was training to get my skydiving license when I had a super scary experience and I’m happy to report I haven’t had a parachute on since. 🙂
- I believe travel is good for the soul. I’ve driven the coast of Croatia, seen glaciers in Argentina, taken a gondola ride in Venice (I know, how cliché), ridden a camel in the Arabian desert, zip lined in Costa Rica, walked cobblestone streets in Uruguay, ridden a helicopter over Kabul, Afghanistan (that one wasn’t for pleasure, hah) and I got engaged on a mountain in Bali. I’m always planning the next adventure!
So there ya have it, folks. That’s a little about me – the gal behind the blog, obsessing over rugs and pillows and finding the perfect prop for my next styling project. I’m always on the hunt for inspiration and am excited about this venture and ready to share the good, bad, ugly (and pretty too!) as we fix up the Daly Digs and hopefully inspire you to live a styled life.